SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY 2007 MAINE LEARNING RESULTS
B. SKILLS AND TRAITS OF SCIENTIFIC INQUIRY AND TECHNOLOGICAL DESIGN:
1. Skills and Traits of Scientific Inquiry -Students methodically plan, conduct, analyze data from, and communicate results of in-depth scientific investigations.
c. Use statistics to summarize, describe, analyze, and interpret results.
E. THE LIVING ENVIRONMENT:
1. Biodiversity -Students describe and analyze the evidence for relatedness among and within diverse populations of organisms and the importance of biodiversity.
c. Analyze the relatedness among organisms using structural and molecular evidence.
The ISTE NETS and Performance Indicators for Students (NETS•S)
1. Creativity and Innovation
Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology. Students:
a. apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, or processes
b. create original works as a means of personal or group expression
2. Communication and Collaboration
Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others. Students:
a. interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts, or others employing a variety of digital environments and media
b. communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats
d. contribute to project teams to produce original works
3. Research and Information Fluency
Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information. Students:
a. plan strategies to guide inquiry
b. locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media
c. evaluate and select information sources and digital tools based on the appropriateness to specific tasks
d. process data and report results
4. Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources. Students:
c. collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions